Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wow Thats Scary!!!


This past weekend I took part in something that was out of the norm for me and honestly uncomfortable. My friend and I went to see a movie in the theaters, this one in particular is said to be one the scariest films ever. To the average teenage guy seeing a scary movie isn’t such a big deal, going with your girlfriend and being the one to hold and protect her, because your not afraid is usually the case.  However movies that are designed to wreak fear upon their viewers are movies that do not sit well with me. As a child, being around the age of seven, my father would constantly watch the most gruesome and terrifying scary movies every Halloween. He would call me into his room and make me watch them with him. At the time it seemed like fun, I felt grown up watching these movies with him, but had no idea the repercussions that it would later have in my life. Nightmares became very prevalent, to the point where I would have a nightmare almost every night. Well the nightmares stopped however I detest scary movies, so I usually avoid them. That is until last weekend.
The movie I saw is titled Paranormal Activity Two. It’s a certain type of movie that is filmed in a way so that the viewers believe it was real footage taken. It’s also known as a “founded film”, that’s when everyone in the movie is dead but the film was found later and produced into a movie. This type of movie didn’t appear to be that scary and since my friend really wanted to see it with me I didn’t want him to think I was afraid so I went. This was a big mistake and led into a very uncomfortable two hours of my life. Now I don’t want to give away any ending so I will leave this vague but the movie did such a great job of getting us involved with the characters that anything bad that happened to them made me extremely scared. Sitting next to my friend trying to act like I wasn’t scared was extremely difficult. He was simply laughing at every scene where as I was ready to leave. However I stayed and watched every minute of that movie cringing and holding back my screams. This was the most uncomfortable I have been in a few months and I don’t plan on seeing anything scary ever again.
Just check out this link if you are curious about this movie, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536044/

1 comment: