Some people look at the career of teaching physical education and don't take it very seriously. "Those who can't teach, teach Gym." That is something I have heard a while back and it has stuck with me. At the same time I love the idea of it. It is a quality career; leisure time, benefits, and everyday I'll wake up looking forward to going to work. This is why it frustrates me that some people may not take the job serious. This has led me to consider other jobs in the field. With the exercise science field, I could explore physical therapy, or even athletic training. I enjoy being able to stay active through these careers. Being a baseball player, I love being around the sports atmosphere, and the body, how it works interests me. Also being a physical therapist is slightly more beneficial towards the paycheck.
My last reason for choosing Physical Education as my major was to explore the opportunity of being a baseball coach. I idolize my old high school coach in a strange way, because he gets to teach phys ed, work with kids, and be successful coaching a great sport.
The option to change majors is still on the table, and I am considering it. But I truly love the idea of teaching, and inside, hope it stays that way.

forget what everyone else say, if you love it.. you love it. Go for it.
ReplyDeleteBy the way yea it's not surprising you found another funny picture that made me chuckle.