This weeks readings about how to be a successful college student, to me, were a spark of inspiration. The readings encouraged me to start working even harder than I already had been. One article mentioned the very simple tasks of: chooses classes that are of interest to you, managing time wisely according to your learning needs, and working free time into your schedule for focus on thinking. These three simple rules design a strategy in become a more enlightened thinker through college. Being able to use inquiry and process to gain the most out of classes and my education as a whole. The other interesting article I feel I gained from was about balancing the difference between working hard and working smart. I have always liked working smart; for example, having a plan and trying to make every task as easy as possible. The problem with working too smart is you end up wasting more time trying to figure out how to make things easy than if you just buckle down and got to work. But on the other side of the spectrum, there are individuals who can put their nose to the “grindstone” their whole life and not really achieve much. Therefore I search to find that perfect balance and achieve maximum success.
Later readings of this week were similar two because they were based on the aspect of success. If one were to practice 10,000 hours at their skill is that enough to claim them as elites in that art? I believe that this depends on their initial skill level. Essentially, if two people were similar in skill, one worked 10,000 hours and the other 7,000, then the person who puts in the more work will be more successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment