Saturday, September 4, 2010

COLLEGE!

College started off as a real shocker.  Once I got myself situated and moved into my room I found myself going 100 miles per hour. I was preparing my internet and my cable, I was buying books; all out of my own pocket. It’s a good thing I spent the last year working at the Adams Mill Restaurant in Manchester, CT. Slowly but surely I finally made enough money to feel comfortable to survive the year.
My arrival was quickly smoothed over by a group of boys I call my teammates. As part of the baseball team I feel more fortunate than others because I felt instantaneously welcomed instead of lonely and possibly insecure about meeting new people. I am sure others at the University might feel this way.
I am looking to be a Physical Education major. Now I know the common phrase; those who can’t teach, teach gym. But there’s more to it than that. I am excited to enter a field I can truly say that I will be happy make my career. I also see myself as a healthy and active individual so it seems right to be able to preach such standards of activity and well being to the youth. Another goal of mine is to become a baseball coach. Coaching and a Physical Education major seem to just go hand in hand. I love what I know and I love spreading knowledge. Whether it be knowledge of the game of baseball or why drugs are harmful to your body. This is why I feel confident about my survival through college; because it is leading me to a life I am looking forward to enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment