The most difficult situation I faced this semester came in baseball. I am confident in who I am and I think, for a lot of people, it takes a little while to see who that is and to appreciate me for who I am. Well the biggest struggle was finding my niche and feeling accepted among the team. It also doesn’t help that I am overcoming an injury and I cannot perform like I’m used to, so I had a hard time proving myself on the baseball field and earning their respect as well. One thing I definitely didn’t want to do was change who I am and pretend to be “cool” just so people would like me, I didn’t want to suck up to anyone but I also didn’t want to be cold towards anyone either. So I just decided to just give it time and hope they came to understand me.
Well now that I’ve been here and gotten to know my teammates better I think its working. I understand who I get along with better and who is worth getting to know. Most of all, just working hard and showing everyone that I am attempting to improve and get healthy is best in earning their respect.

No comments:
Post a Comment